How to Choose Basement Wall Panels
Basement wall panels are good material to cover basement wall. When you have a basement, you may feel regret when the wall become so dirty. For avoiding it, you can set basement wall panel to cover your basement wall.
Not only make your basement wall always clean, the panel will also make your basement wall become look so elegant.
For setting it, you should consider about the type of panel first, and then you can set it by following right instruction. Here, some tips about basement wall panels for you.
Choosing the Best Basement Wall Panel
Before covering your basement walls by using panel, you should know about the type of panels you can choose for basement walls. Here some types of basement wall panels:
- Plastic Basement Wall Panels. This basement wall panel is perfect for you who live in a moist climate. Having basement in moist climate actually will make it become so moist. By using plastic basement wall panels, it will make aqueous vapors flow into a system behind the panel. So, your basement wall will last longer.
- Wood Paneling. This panel is good for you who want to enhance an area while eliminating worries of moisture. The panel is durable and easy to install.
- Drywall Panels. This is perfect for you who want to install panel easily. You just need to tact it onto the wood frame. After it, you can finish it with paint. Your job in finishing will be done quickly by using this panel.
- Panel Living System. Panel living system provides you many texture and colors. The panels are durable and resilient to moisture.
How to Panel a Basement Wall
When you have chosen the best basement wall panel, the next step to have beautiful basement is paneling your basement wall. You are able to do it by yourself because it is simple enough. But if you can’t handle it by yourself, you can ask professional to do it for you. Here, the step to panel your basement wall:
- Remove dirt and mold by using a wire brush. Then, you should allow the wall to dry naturally to avoid moisture.
- Install the furring strips straight along the top in addition to bottom angle of the basement wall.
- Starting in a corner, glue the vertical furring strips between widest part of strip and horizontal furring strip.
- From the corner, measure 16 and mark vertical line by snapping the chalk line.
- You should mark vertical lines every 16 by using chalk line.
- Glue the furring strips to the wall.
- Installing insulation.
- Installing your panels. You must make sure that the panel cut by a good quality saw to have good panel size. To avoid a mistake, you can add a few inches of the panel.
- Nail the panel to the top of furring strip and then place a wedge sandwiched between the bottom of panel and stud.
- Take out the wedge in addition to press the panel against furring strip
- Drive the nails from the top to the bottom edges for finishing the panels.
Those are some tips about basement wall panels and the way to panel your basement wall. You can choose the best panel for your basement and get an interesting basement after using basement wall panels.